Injection-site pain was infrequent and decreased with each subsequent injection1
- Results are from the 12-week, placebo-controlled, fixed-dose schizophrenia trial
- Overall injection-site reactions (ISRs) were reported in 2% (placebo), 4% (441 mg monthly), and 5% (882 mg monthly) of patients
- The incidence of pain was 3% to 4% with the first injection and ≤1% with each subsequent injection
- Other ISRs (induration, swelling, and redness) occurred at <1%
- In an open-label pharmacokinetic study evaluating 441 mg monthly, 882 mg every 6 weeks, and 1064 mg every 2 months, ISRs were similar across the dose groups
Reference: 1. ARISTADA [package insert]. Waltham, MA: Alkermes, Inc; 2017.